Monday, August 9, 2010

Reflection 11

1. My favorite part of this is learning how to create the blog, the voki, and posting photos. Even though I'm not old school...I am very old school.  In case you haven't notice, I don't believe in exposing my family on the internet.  Blogging my thoughts are mine.  However, if it wasn't for this class, I would have never opened my eyes to this type of helpful tool for educators and students.  I definately want to be pro-active in technology and, until now, I had not experienced anything to support being pro-tech.  Thanks for this lesson.
2. Blogging important health fitness dates is great too. Classroom teachers can post assignment due dates, books to read, pages to read, examples they covered in classroom for those students who need to see it again. 
3. I am shocked to find that creating this blog was fun in a struggle kind of way.  The part I didn't like is the need to purchase some programs, new tools to supporting recording, downloading so much information, the need to upgrade my own personal computer (which i didn't do), the need to create and keep track of new pass words, login names, and much more.  Now, if we can solve the issue with helping our Title One students with access to this type of technology from the privacy of their "own" home.

One last personal note, Im looking forward to learning and understand how I can use this type of technology in my content.  

No comments:

Post a Comment